From PANGAEA Wiki
Import file format for CTD data.
- Provided that the station list is imported with minimum station (event) label and latitude/longitude,
- all CTD profiles from one cruise are imported and archived in one dataset,
- 1. column contains the event label of all CTDs as defined in the station list,
- column is headed by the expression "Event label" in the first row,
- 2. column contains geocode Depth, water [m] (1619),
- 3. column might contain Pressure [dbar] (715),
- 4. to n. column contain data (e.g. see list of oceanographic parameter as defined by WOCE,
- columns are headed by the parameter names and units in the first row
After import open data set in 4D, goto config card and complete the final configuration (example: doi:10.1594/PANGAEA.737933 ).
- Depth water [m]
- Pressure [dbar] (optinal)
- Temperature [deg C]
- Configure the precission of values (digits after the decimal point) according to the accuracy of the method.
- Complete metadata (reference, PI, method, comment ...
- Set login required flag on request.
- Additional information about sensor calibration etc. should be defined in sensor.awi.de and/or can be given in a separate pdf document